OMAHA, Neb. (Mar. 4, 2012) – Quantum Workplace released its 2012 Employee Engagement Trends Report, revealing the level of engagement among the nearly 5,000 organizations that participated in Best Places to Work last year. Released annually by Quantum Workplace, the report shows that while employee engagement is on the rise, 2012 will be a year for organizations to stay focused.
The report reveals important findings, including an overview of engagement in today’s workforce, industries improving and declining, examination of the economic recovery and its effect on engagement, and more. Highlights from the report include:
- 67.1% of employees ranked as engaged in 2011
- Correlation between DJIA performance and employee engagement is tighter post-recession
- Outlook in the agriculture and education industries became more negative, while outlook in public administration, transportation, and warehousing became more positive
- The top three drivers of engagement have remained constant for the past five years
- Perception of employee recognition varies drastically between engaged and disengaged employees
“Employee engagement is the secret sauce that separates winners from losers in today’s talent economy,” says Greg Harris, President of Quantum Workplace. “The uptick in engagement is good for individual companies, and it’s good for our overall economy.”
To view the complete report click here: 2012 Employee Engagement Trends Report
About the Survey
Developed in 2003, the Best Places to Work survey is a voluntary and free survey tool offered to participating organizations. Survey results analyze 10 components of engagement and highlight 37 key survey items that impact engagement. Best Places to Work is held annually in nearly 40 cities to recognize companies that value talent and high engagement. The survey focuses on areas of engagement relating to teamwork, trust in senior leaders, retention, job satisfaction, manager effectiveness, and more.
About Quantum Workplace
Quantum Workplace delivers smart tools for achieving and recognizing workplace awesomeness. When work is awesome, employees are engaged, clients are loyal, and business is good. Quantum Workplace serves more than 5,000 organizations annually through employee engagement surveys, action-planning tools, and leadership assessment. For more information, visit www.quantumworkplace.com or email info@quantumworkplace.