According to our Construction Employee Engagement Report, the construction industry is the top-performing industry for engaged employees. In fact, our 2012 Employee Engagement Trends Report shows that the industry has consistently had a high level of engaged employees, more than 8 percent above the national average. So, why are employees in the construction industry so engaged? We took a look at the top five engagement drivers and found an interesting correlation: leadership. In fact, four out of the top five drivers were directly related to leaders and how they conduct business.
Check out the comments below to see how leaders in the construction industry keep their employees engaged year after year.
- We have great leadership throughout the entire company. They have implemented an outstanding reward system for employees that excel in their assigned tasks; it really motivates us.
- Top project leaders have a wealth of knowledge that they are willing to share.
- Our leaders are at the bleeding edge on innovation in the industry and give all of us the opportunity to be part of it. They truly invest in our development.
- Leadership gives employees the ability to manage a job from start to finish, without being micromanaged.
- Senior leadership pushes sustainability and green construction at every opportunity.
- I would highly recommend this company to others solely because of our outstanding leaders.
- With bi-annual reviews and various check-ins throughout the year, our leaders ensure that everyone is on the same page and happy/comfortable with his or her work environment.
- Senior leadership is quick to point out mistakes, which constantly drives us to be better.
- I feel enough connection to my company and leaders that I will follow them into any battle and do whatever is necessary for the advancement of the empire!
- Senior leadership is involved in making sure each team member has the tools he or she needs and are recognized for work well done.